Out and About
No.20 Bed and Breakfast sits on the banks of the Clyde Estuary, approx. one mile from the centre of Helensburgh. From Helensburgh our Bed and breakfast lies only a 10 minute drive to the shores of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park and approximately 40 minutes into Glasgow City Centre. The town is ideally located for those looking for either a cultural, outdoor or relaxing Scottish break.
Unmissables and Must Do’s…….
Eating Out.... should you wish us to reserve tables at your chosen restaurant we will happily do this, it is advisable to pre book in the Summer months.
- The Riverhill Courtyard, a little piece of Glasgows Westend in Helensburgh
- La Barca - New Spanish Tapas restaurant. Won best Mediteranean Restaurant in Scotland 2 years running.
- Cattle and Creel - Opening July 2015. Scottish Seafood and great Highland steak.
- The Riverbank Bar and Restaurant, Helensburgh
- The Wee Kelpie, fancy fish’n chips sitting on The Promenade? This is the "plaice" to go! Helensburgh
- The Boat House @ Cameron House
- The Commodore, Helensburgh
- The Loch Lomond Arms Hotel - In the pretty village of Luss, on the shores of Loch Lomond. Great Scottish produce.
- Masala Twist - Indian Restaurant with scottish inspired dishes
- The Hill House, Helensburgh
- Glengoyne Distillery, Strathblane.
- The Kelvingrove Galleries, Glasgow
- The Burrell Collection of Art and Antiques, Glasgow
- The Peoples Palace, Glasgow
- Gallery of Modern Art, Glasgow
- Transport Museum, Glasgow
- The Lighthouse, Glasgow
- Hunterian Museum, Glasgow
The Great Outdoors
- Geilston Gardens, Cardross
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Gateway to the Highlands
- The 3 Lochs Way, Helensburgh. Walk the whole route or just a section while you stay.
- The John Muir Way, joins The 3 Lochs Way and can take you from Helensburgh across Scotland
- Sea Plane Tours, Loch Lomond
- Waverley Steamboat, Helensburgh Pier
- Walk the West Highland Way
- Ferry to Kilcreggan and Gourock, Helensburgh
- Ardmore Point, managed by Scottish Wildlife
- RSPB Reserve, East Loch Lomond
- Lomond Shores Sea World
- Go Ape, Aberfoyle. Climb and swing through the trees!
- Sir Walter Scott Steamship, Loch Katrine.
- Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre, Balloch.
- Carrick Golf Course, Loch Lomond
- Helensburgh Golf Course
- Helensburgh Swimming Pool
- River Leven Salmon and Sea Trout Fishing
- Horse Riding and Pony Trekking
Shop Till You Drop
There is a wide selection of lovely individual boutiques, shops and galleries in Helensburgh town centre and we encourage you to take a look around. Whether a gift for a loved one or just a treat for yourself Helensburghs choice of independant shops is sure to delight you. High street brands can be found in Glasgow or Stirling. At No.20 we are committed to promoting other local business and are followers of 'Totally Locally' a like minded group of people.
- Rowan Gallery, Helensburgh. A collection of local and well known artists paintings.
- The Scandinavian Shop, Helensburgh. Chic gifts with both Scottish and Scandinavian inspiration.
- Shooftie - Helensburgh. A wonderful selection of local crafters work. Silver, Tweed, artwork, Lomond soaps and skincare products.
- Pebble Blue Design Studio, Helensburgh. Designer jewellery and gifts, an Aladdins cave.
- Princes Square, Glasgow. Charles Rennie McIntosh inspired centre.
- Buchanan Galleries Shopping Centre, Glasgow City centre.
- Silverburn Shopping Centre, A77. Glasgow
- Byres Road, Westend Glasgow, a more eclectic mix of individual shops.
- Braehead Shopping Centre, Hillington. Glasgow